Sunday, June 13, 2010

Poison The Well - FRINGE XX

Poison The Well @ Espace Geordie 4001 Venue #3.
Already a fan of Elison Zasko ('Sputniks' my pick of Fringe, and one of my top ten of 2008) I was looking really forward to this one; And I wasn't disappointed. Finally a 'Play'! A real piece of solid theatre in a barrage of light Fringe fluff. Written, directed, and co-starring Andrew Conner (Cody Rivers Show). It has all of the elements that are the making of a hit play: an original concept, a very well written text -precise, informative and with a twist, well acted eloquent performances, good direction. I would have liked to see the projection tighten up and focused. Also would have liked to see the direction (staging) more developed and refined. Possibly in a future mount of this production with legs. 4 cents. Dee Arr

No comments: