Sunday, June 13, 2010

Paris Berlin scène de cabaret - FRINGE XX

Paris Berlin scène de cabaret @ MainLine Theatre Venue #6. Oh how promising the title was to me, 'Paris Berlin scènes de cabaret'. The Fringe program listed: Juliette Gréco, Kurt Weil and Cole porter, amongst other big names of the musical treasures of the last century. Alas, although there was a well intended effort to sing a long, a thin but cute story line, and a nice pianist, I was neither in Paris nor in Berlin, and especially not in a cabaret. It felt more like a high school performance, in Montréal. It did not help that one of the actors was reading his lines from his script either. More for friends & family of Alma Viva I'm afraid. En Francais. Sylvester. 1 cent

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My friends and I found Paris-Berlin particularly entertaining. We loved the music, the text, and most of all, the intimate setting of the play. How much material can you cover in 60 minutes...I highly recommend the play, if only to discover great new local talents.