Sunday, June 13, 2010

Esther Goes Pro - FRINGE XX

Esther Goes Pro @ the Fringe OFF Venue A Theatre Saint Catherine. The first show I see at the Fringe XX; "Imagine someone so talented you wouldn't even know it if it hit you in the face with a brick." -Felt like I was hit by a brick, only this brink was made of 's**t'. It wasn't half way over when I had to get up to get a drink, a beer just to make it through the second half. There are high and low levels of camp, and there is good and bad camp. Then there are 'cramp' & 'crap'. This 'show' is more of the latter, and is definitely 'OFF' in more ways than one. 1 CENT. DeeArr

Witnessed... "Esther Goes Pro" @ T.S.C. Somehow I felt uncomfortable when the lead, Liz Vigneault told the audience they're going to think her show is amazing. I'd prefer to be the one to decide that. Honestly it was everything but amazing. What was amazing is that I sat through the whole thing. At this point I quote the Fringe blurb "Imagine someone so talented, you wouldn't even know it if it hit you in the face with a brick. Someone so talented it has become invisible to the naked eye." Invisible it was! I'm sure Lise Vigneault does have talent just not in this particular show. 1 Cent. Scooby-Doo

No comments: