Tuesday, January 15, 2008

There will be blood at the Oscars ... for best actor.

Daniel Day Lewis in There Wil Be Blood is a shoe in for a best actor nomination, as is I
believe so is Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd, too very bloody performances. They may be so much blood
slinging that someone else steals it out from under them both.

As
for the film itself: There Will Be Blood, I envied the patrons walking out throughout the
presentation and I wished that I too could follow them. I didn't even need
to go pee. When we were not glaring at a dull dark barely visible
screen, we were forcing our eye lids open to say awake, and I couldn't always do
that either. BORING! Bad not just poor performances throughout, long drawn out
transitions... and really was there any point?

If anyone manages to make it to yet another
terrible ending for a film, they will walk away wondering if they just saw DDL
reprise his role in Gang's Of NY, but with a different accent. This we wil see Oscar night, since the same could be said of JD in Sweeney with comparisons to his role in Edward Sissor Hands and his character Captain Jack. I couldn't even
recommend TWBB for a DvD viewing!

No comments: