Monday, January 14, 2008

Dee Arr is a fabulous bitch!

It is common knowledge that a picture says a 1,000 words. Sometimes a word says (leads to) a 1,000 words...

Richard Burnett wrote a huge plug for the Harvest theatre festival season #4 programing in Hour at the end of November. In it he referred to me as not only a drama Queen but also ...a fabulous bitch!

Well that was a surprise to me when one of my cast members, Vance de Wehal read it to me at a rehearsal that weekend. At first taken aback I then reread into it and realized what he had done.

Taking the compliment, I then proceeded to devise a way to respond, but in as original a way as he deserved. I decided that if and when he show up at a performance of A Queer Carol, I would place his name into the script, not once but thrice... including a line delivered by a bare assed chaps clad Vance (Marley's Ghost) ... fuck Richard Burnett!

Well Richard did show up on Wednesday, December 12th and we got to use the line. He was surprised, I surmised. During intermission I mentioned to him ...pay backs a bitch!

In January, Richard wrote his 2008 new year's resolutions, one of which was to continue to call fabulous Montrealer's ...fabulous bitch! Rewriting a summary of the above story for his readers.

So from now on I will refer to myself as a 'Fabulous Bitch!' r.b.

It is better than being refered to as ...the director from hell...

No comments: